As an addition to our Safe Together mission where we implemented enhanced safety and hygiene measures in our resorts, we are happy to announce that, in partnership with Europ Assistance, we have modified our Emergency Assistance Program to provide Covid-19 medical assistance for all guests traveling to our resorts until April 30th, 2021.
- In case of sickness related to COVID-19: all healthcare expenses abroad are covered
- In case of hospitalization, coverage will also apply for; Housing cost for companion; Accompaniment of children; Medical evacuation if the situation requires it
- In case of confinement: The assistance center will organize housing along with the Resort and the health personnel.
- If the GM missed its intended flight: The assistance center will take charge and organize a new return flight following the sanitary requirements established by the health team.
Within the limits established by the contract.
- Medical expenses abroad until €75,000 incl. tax / beneficiary
- Advance on hospitalization costs incurred abroad until €75,000 incl. tax per beneficiary
- The cost of an extended stay at the hotel: €80 per night incl. tax and € 150 incl. tax for a family / 10 nights maximum
- Medical evacuation and repatriation following accident and/or illness according to the decision of the Medical Board of Europ Assistance
- Border lockdown: per region/ per city/ airport closure/ flight cancelation/ Resort closure…
- Interruption of stay: following the declaration of State of Emergency
- Quarantine: at the destination without being sick.
A certificate of insurance confirming coverage of medical expenses in case of sickness including COVID-19 can be provided upon request in order to enter a country or to obtain a travel visa. Please note that from July 1st, the certificate of insurance is requested by: French Polynesia, Israel, Ukraine, Lebanon, Cambodia, Turks & Caicos.